Know the basics of carbon monoxide safety. Colorado law requires a carbon monoxide detector be installed in every home in the State.
Have your furnace and other fuel burning appliances checked for leaks, make certain your carbon monoxide detector is fully functioning and understand the other signs of danger from carbon monoxide poisoning. Never warm up your car in the garage, even with the garage door open.
You should have a carbon monoxide detector on every level of your home because any fuel burning appliance that malfunctions, like having a crack in your furnace, can produce carbon monoxide. This very poisonous gas is odorless, colorless and can be deadly if high enough levels are built up in your home or business. Watch for other symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and check your detector regularly. If a person has been exposed to carbon monoxide they may show signs of nausea, headache, dizziness or other flu like symptoms. If these symptoms go away when they leave home they may have been exposed. Have your furnace and other fuel burning appliances checked for leaks by calling C & C Plumbing & Mechanical, at 970-337-9443.